Very few people are born with perfectly aligned teeth. Because of this, many individuals can benefit from orthodontic treatment. Patients can benefit from orthodontic treatment at any age, but we recommend that patients come in for their initial exam as early as age seven.
When you or your child come in for your orthodontic exam in El Paso, Texas, Dr. David S. Wilbanks will determine whether or not you can benefit from braces or another form of orthodontic treatment. Our dentist may use diagnostic tools including a review of your medical and dental health history, a visual exam, and X-rays and photographs. If orthodontic treatment is right for you, a treatment plan will be formed for your specific needs and goals.
Some common alignment and bite issues that orthodontic treatment can correct include:
– When the front upper teeth sit too far in front of the lower teeth in an overbite, which is sometimes referred to as buck teeth.
– When the lower teeth sit too far forward or the upper teeth are too far back in an underbite.
– When there is space between the biting surfaces of the side or front teeth when the back teeth meet, which is called an open bite.
– When the center of the lower teeth does not line up with the center of the upper teeth in a misplaced midline.
– When there are gaps or spaces between the teeth because of lost teeth or another issue.
– When the dental ridge is not large enough to accommodate all the teeth.
For more information and to set up an evaluation, feel free to contact Wilbanks Orthodontics today at 915-581-5021.